Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Full Disclosure

So, on Sunday, Mr. B and I went to Ikea. For breakfast, not to shop :) Usually, the breakfast is pretty good here, but the eggs were kind of runny -- not so good for scrambled. But for $4.19 (breakfast for 2!), who's complaining, right?
So, we had to walk through, right? We walked through the showroom parts -- and the whole time I was thinking "Wow, I love my home and I don't need anything else, hurray!". then we went downstairs to the open stock section. Bad idea. They had the CUTEST glassware with little pink or green (or turquoise) flowers on them. Ice cream would be SO LOVELY in the bowls. But I resisted. (and I can't even show them to you because they aren't even online yet). There is currently a lot of pink at Ikea -- it looked so pretty.

Then we walked past the baking section and I saw these:

Cookie cutters -- see the HEDGEHOG ??? and the SQUIRREL ?? and the snail? Too cute!

And a pastry mat too . It's silicone and kind of fun. You're not supposed to use metal cookie cutters on this one.... but we do have lots of plastic ones....

Our pastry mat disappeared when we moved.

So Mr. B -- who also needed a flower pot to repot the Aloe plant that he is bringing to work -- bought the cookie cutters and the pastry mat. He bought them. Not me. Him. Pay no attention to the fact that he has never used cookie cutters before. Or rolled out pastry. He's going to learn. Soon.
Money spent at Ikea: 16.99. His money.

7 comments:

Irene said...

You were very good. Too bad about the eggs.

jocelyn said...

You are my hero! I can only hope to have a fraction of your willpower one day. I love that Mr. B. decided he had to have the baking items!! xo

Joanne Huffman said...

I think that the cookie cutters and mat count as food preparation, borderline ingredients.

lbrownie said...

Mom I have those cookie cutters! If you would have at least tried the cookies I made at Christmas, you would have realized there were some in the shape of a squirrel.

MarissaDW said...

LOL! did you bat your eyes a few times and gave a pout? Love the fact that Mr. B bought them for you. Have fun with your new baking tools.

MarissaDW said...

LOL! did you bat your eyes a few times and gave a pout? Love the fact that Mr. B bought them for you. Have fun with your new baking tools.

Dawn said...

I bought those cookie cutters at Ikea, too! Real Canadian wildlife cookie cutters ~ who could resist them? I made some moose cookies as Christmas gifts which we're a big hit!
~ Dawn.