Sunday, November 06, 2011

Chagall at the AGO

I spent part of this gorgeous autumn day at The Ontario Gallery of Art seeing the "Chagall and the Russian Avant-Garde" Exhibition.

My favourite period of Chagall was his "circus" period. I was able to see many of these in Paris many years ago. Still, some of my favourites were displayed here in Toronto:

(Double Portrait With Wine Glass)

(Blue Circus)

(The Dance)

I am a member of the AGO. Mr. B said that this was his favourite exhibition yet at the AGO... I'm not so sure.... Would it have been worth the $25 admission charge? Well.... it sure is more economical than flying to France to see them...... I'll likely go again to see my favourites again before they leave in January.....

We walked home, strolling along my favourite strip -- Queen Street West. I am so lucky to be able to live exactly where I want to live -- within walking distance of downtown. I love it! And I'm so lucky that Mr. B is a walker too :)

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Chagall paintings make me smile. You really are in the perfect place for you to enjoy the things you love (literally and figuratively).