Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rug Hooking

On May 15 I'll be at The Purple Purl with Lauren taking a Rug Hooking Class. She's wanted to learn how for awhile. On the 16th I'll be staying for the advanced class -- I can't pass up this opportunity to make this nest! Registration is underway-- and I believe that they are also adding a beginner class on the Friday night. The classes are a great price -- only $39 plus the kit fee! I know that I'll use these skills in my other mixed media/fabric work(I learned to hook about 40 years ago -- I've forgotten a bit, lol). (you can go to Hooked By the Sea -- the teacher's website by clicking HERE).

7 comments:

vivian said...

oh what fun!

Joanne Huffman said...

I can see why you want to make this very cool nest.

Sharon said...

So I just registered for the Friday night's beginner's class (Saturday is full but I might get lucky enough to get a cancellation spot). I've wanted to know how to do this kind of hooking for ages. I'm used to doing latch hooking which is a no-brainer but the textures of the real hooking using bits of different media is what appeals to me.Thanks for the info!

natalea said...

the robins nest looks like fun!!
xo

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

You will enjoy it. I like to rag rug and hook. It's peaceful like knitting :o)

Pilar said...

These classes look so fun. I can see why you want to take the next class. The project looks awesome and I am sure the skill set you will learn will translate into some wonderful Martha creations!

Maija said...

I'm very jealous- I want to learn how to rug hook- can't wait to see what you create!