Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrrrrrrr

It's cold here in the North!
Last night there was a big power outage here in Toronto -- our power was out for about 12 hours -- it just came on around 10am. That might not seem like much, but last night it went down to -20C (that's about-4 F). The inside of my house went to below 10C -- (that's about 50F). We were worried about our pipes freezing, and our little dog freezing, so I stayed home from school today. I've gotten so much work done (school planning!!)-- because we had no electricity -- I had no computer! Now that our furnace is back on, the heat is rising by about 2 degrees an hour, so I still have my winter coat on and my hat. Hopefully I'll be able to do some art soon -- it's like a snow day! The little dog has burrowed under the covers on the bed. What a wussy. Although I'm one to talk -- this is what I'm wearing today -- my flannel jammies, running shoes and my down filled winter coat....

4 comments:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Oh Martha!

Do hope that your home is warming up bit by bit. Even though it's not funny, it is a cute picture of you..
Nanook of the North!
Let me know if you need rescuing.

Maija said...

Very sexy.....

Anne said...

Oh my! I don't think I could even stand it if it got that cold INSIDE the house! :-O

Down here in the southern US, they don't even give us "pipes". Under our house is what appears to be large-bore aquarium tubing! Seriously! It saves money during construction and since we don't get a freeze/thaw, it works down here.

But they would surely freeze at -20! Yowzers! :-)

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog during OWOH.

Glad you found a way to stay warm!

Sarah and Jack said...

This picture makes me laugh.

(I hate my down coat, it is just SO SO puffy! LOL)