Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday Traditions

I forgot to take pictures of the ornaments that I sent for this exchange. I did send Tonya some "Nuts and Bolts" yummy snacks -- and the recipe for them. And explained some of our traditions.

And a cd mix of my favourite holiday tunes:

1. I Believe in Father Christmas -- Greg Lake
2. Aspenglow -- John Denver
3. Winter Wonderland -- Louis Armstrong
4. Little Drummer Boy -- David Bowie and Bing Crosby
5. River -- Saran McLachlan
6. Christmas -- Blues Traveler
7. Baby It's Cold Outside -- Rod Stewart/ Dolly Parton
8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/ We Three Kings -- Barenaked Ladies
9. In the Bleak Midwinter -- Holly Cole, Rebecca Jenkins, Mary Margaret O'Hara, Jane Siberry & Victoria Williams
10. The Christmas Song -- John Denver
11. Green Christmas -- Barenaked Ladies
12. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm -- Billie Holiday
13. Do they Know It's Christmas? Band Aid
14. Maybe This Christmas -- Ron Sexsmith
15. Are You Burning Little Candle? -- Holly Cole etc.
16. Christmas Time is Here -- Sarah McLachlan
17. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas -- Sarah McLachlan
18. The Music is You -- John Denver
19. A Holly Jolly Christmas -- Burl Ives
20. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
21. Hanukkah Blessings -- Barenaked Ladies
(I wish that I had included "I'll be There Christmas Eve by the Ennis Sisters.... Oh, well)

(I also sent a copy of the CD "A Canadian Christmas")

And here's Lauren modeling the apron that I made (it looks way better in person -- here it looks kind of plain......)

5 comments:

Talking Horses Arts said...

Love the apron. never likes wearing one...but now...really thinking of making one and actually wear it.
Love your blog.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Andrea.

Patti G. said...

Great apron Martha! Your snow men with your class are PRECIOUS and the parents will ADORE them, love the house full of lights! Sending warm Christmas hugs sweeite!
Patti

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

we just listened to the CD! Yay.. I was wrapping pressies and listening to the tunes. Very festive.
Cute apron :)

Viola said...

Great apron, Martha! Merry Christmas! :o)

Maija said...

I know it is stunning!
Merry Christmas!