Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I love you mommy! Happy Mother's Day!!! I found my rubber stamps AND my ink!

As you all know, I have moved. I still can't find my art supplies, but at least I'm not eating my morning cereal out of a mug anymore!
The electricians are still working on the house -- replacing all of the "knob and tube" wiring, and adding some more power outlets (some rooms had only 1). The previous owner had run extension cords through the walls for power! As soon as they are finished (some time this week) I'll paint my studio and move the shelves in. I'll be ready to rock by next weekend. What about the rest of the house, you ask??? Well, next weekend is a long weekend.... can't we paint the bedroom, the living room and my studio in one weekend? Well, anyway.... I'm happy to keep sleeping in the living room, as long as my studio is set up..... (we have the bed in the living room, so the electricians would have some room to move in our 8'x9' bedroom (with 2 doors and 1 window -- not any room for furniture other than a bed. I'm going to have a dressing area in my studio space... not sure what Ray is going to do, LOL.
I'll be doing regular blog posts from here on in! Ray found the cables to his camera, so I can add pictures -- but the scanner won't be set up until the workers have left and the dust has cleared.....

3 comments:

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Happy Mother's Day!!
Hope all is well. We have knob & tube wiring too. Its a hassle every time we want or need to replace something but we can't afford to replace it all. Here is hoping you get a little rest from the unpacking.
Miss you.
xoxo
Heather

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

~*Happy Mother's Day Martha!*~

I have had your bracelet all packed and ready to ship!
I just need the line at the PO to be shorter!
*Smiles*
I left it without a clasp so you can make it any style/size you want!

May your house become a happy home!!!

Amber Dawn

Maija said...

I'm so glad you are in!!
oxox