Sunday, August 17, 2008

Skowhegan, Maine

Okay -- something is wrong with this picture. I am camping. It is a beautiful night. I'm drinking sangria by the river -- there are about a billion stars out. HEY -- this campground has FREE WIRELESS. And I just can't resist getting the most for my money.
Here are my notes so far. Road signs in Vermont are terrible! I'm seriously going to write someone about that. On the upside, there are no taxes on shoes in Vermont... and I really needed shoes. Did I get the black pair? or the other black pair? Well, yes, I did.... Next year we plan to just travel to Burlington ,Vermont and camp or stay in a cabin for a week. Driving to Nova Scotia is too far. And I've already played all of the cds.....
(although.... This campsite at The Two Rivers Campground is beautiful. If I do ever drive here again, I'd stay here for sure. That's my tourist plug for Maine)
Tomorrow -- on through Bangor, and up into New Brunswick and then to Nova Scotia.

3 comments:

Daffie Online said...

haha...free wireless on such a beautiful campground. That's just great!

Joanne Huffman said...

Beautiful photo. And, wireless might even make me consider camping (no...they have free wireless at the hotels, too). You really are doing a lot of traveling in a little bit of time.

Joanne

HappyDayArt! said...

that place is glorious!