Tuesday, August 09, 2011

ArtUnraveled Day 4 Part 2

In the evening I took Ruth's class. Creativity Exposed. Collaging a few small pieces and then building on them. I brought a pretty little dress to mount mine on. It was pale purple, so I switched out my regular palette for one that was purple and green ( and a few accent bits) . I'm pretty happy with what I made. Perhaps this will lead a foray into some new colours for me?

Some collages and a cuff :)


Mounted on the dress


I stitched one collage on my tank top ( all hand sewing, so you people who say that you "can't" use a sewing machine CAN embellish your clothes)



A close up of that embellishment


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

jocelyn said...

It's been fun seeing the results from all your classes, and I especially love your recent work that embellishes your clothing! Stay cool!

Joanne Huffman said...

Love what you did with Ruth. Are you home now?

Elizabeth said...

CAN"T is such a bad word!!! I ban it from my presence!!! Love your collage bits and how can one resist that particular green with that wonderful purple!!! YUMMMMMMY!

Anonymous said...

I love the softness
of ruth rae's stuff..

gorgeous.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love Ruth's work - your collages are especially lovely.