Isn't this charm beautiful? I love it! I hung one singly on a silver ball chain today and I wore it! It is about 1 1/4 inches long (not including the loop at the end). As promised, I'm posting the "how to" below.
1) Make a fabric bead. I took a piece of felt about 3/4 " by 2" and wrapped it around a 3/4" piece of skinny straw -- I glued it with white glue.
2) Wrap fibre around the bead.
3) Sew glass seed beads on the fibre and through the felt to secure the fibre.
4) String a big glass bead on a really long head pin (1 5/8"). Put it through the felt bead and top it with another big glass bead.
5) Use round nose pliers to make a loop at the top, and add a jump ring (if you don't have round nose, regular ones will do, it's just a bit harder). If you remember, add the jump ring before you close your loop. (I didn't remember once).
See, EASY PEASY and I didn't even have to get all techie!