Monday, February 19, 2007

Fibre charms!

Isn't this charm beautiful? I love it! I hung one singly on a silver ball chain today and I wore it! It is about 1 1/4 inches long (not including the loop at the end). As promised, I'm posting the "how to" below.

1) Make a fabric bead. I took a piece of felt about 3/4 " by 2" and wrapped it around a 3/4" piece of skinny straw -- I glued it with white glue.
2) Wrap fibre around the bead.
3) Sew glass seed beads on the fibre and through the felt to secure the fibre.
4) String a big glass bead on a really long head pin (1 5/8"). Put it through the felt bead and top it with another big glass bead.
5) Use round nose pliers to make a loop at the top, and add a jump ring (if you don't have round nose, regular ones will do, it's just a bit harder). If you remember, add the jump ring before you close your loop. (I didn't remember once).
See, EASY PEASY and I didn't even have to get all techie!

5 comments:

Dot said...

Gorgeous charm Martha! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial too.

Gotta try this myself!

Jo Wholohan said...

what a wonderful idea martha!!!!! thanks for sharing your tutorial :))

A bird in the hand said...

You make it look so easy!

Still Waters Studio said...

I got one of these in the swap. Even more beautiful in person.
Sherry

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

Hi Martha

I was lucky enough to receive one of these gorgeous charms in the swap! I love the contrast in texture of it... the soft fibres and the hard beads. One of the best charms I received.

Thanks so much!