Sunday, April 10, 2011

Simple Cards

I've been making a lot of cards lately. These two were very simple -- yet very lovely, I think. I just took images (these ones by DJ Pettitt) and layered and sewed them onto card. Easy Peasy. I added a bit of extra stitched detail to the top one before I sewed it on. Why not cut up some old magazines and make some cards. You can't sell them, of course, if you are using someone else's images, but you can make note cards or birthday cards to send to friends. Go and do it right now. Send a card to a friend. We all love finding a treasure in our mail box that isn't a bill (or that never ending supply of election literature).

4 comments:

MarissaDW said...

I love your cards. BTW. You made me laugh about Easy Peasy comment. That's Aidan's fave phrase.

Joanne Huffman said...

lovely cards!

K J D said...

What a great idea!

I especially LOVE the bottom one.

A bird in the hand said...

Very lovely.
Very.
xoxo