Friday, April 22, 2011

Carving and printing

This week I had Colette and Jocelyn over for some late afternoon carving and printing. I haven't done much lino cutting since school many years ago. I wish that I had taken pictures of what Colette and Jocelyn did! They made some lovely work... I am so lucky to have two such talented friends to inspire me :)

I started with a banner(tiny -- cut from an eraser). I plan to stamp it on to tags.


Then I graduated to doing a portrait of my puppy. It is very "Andy". Especially the movement created with those uncut lines in the background. (This one is made from soft cut linolem. It's about 2"x3"


After the girls left, I was still itching to do more, so I tried a self portrait. Oops, I cut the line away that was the side of the neck. But I'm still pretty happy with it. I'll try some more this weekend.....

9 comments:

linda said...

Beautiful work! I love carving rubber stamps...it's sort of amazing to start with a block and then get a cool image in the end to reuse!

Unknown said...

Wow they turned out so amazing! Have a great Easter weekend!

Sandy xox

MarissaDW said...

Love your carvings, especially the Andy and your self portrait. I remember doing linoleum prints in high school but haven't tried to carve my own stamps since then. Although I have all the materials and tools.

Susan Williamson said...

As my mother used to say: "Super darling!" You make me want to get back to carving. (Not that I ever did that much).

Joanna said...

Love them! I've gotta have a go.....

x

Joanne Huffman said...

You did very well; I'm really impressed. The last time I tried this, I cut more out of me than out of the eraser.

A bird in the hand said...

I LOVE Andy! Both the carving and the real doggie.

The face is fab too. That's what I wanted to carve but I chickened out... must try it soon. (who cares about the neck; it still looks great).

deb did it said...

I LOVE LOVE the sp handcarved stamp...I have always wanted to do one.You inspire me

jocelyn said...

What a roll you were on. I love the self portrait - as well as your other two masterpieces. Happy long weekend and Easter! xo