Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blogging for Bliss

So.Blissdom. I've had a bit of time for reflection and I've realized that my blog isn't exactly what I want (or need) it to be. I originally began it as a showcase for my own art. But I need it to be more.

m-is-for-martha will change a bit. I'm still going to be blogging about my art, but I will also focus on my inspiration. The things that make me who I am (and who I want to be). I'm going to focus on the blogs that inspire me. The events that inspire me. The little things that inspire me. The big things that inspire me. inspiration

Some inspiration from my dear friend Colette Source: a-bird-in-the-hand.blogspot.com via Martha on Pinterest



At Blissdom I learned how to market my blog. How to make it popular. How to write it so it has great SEO ( search engine optimization). All of those things were interesting, and perhaps they will be in the back of my mind as I write, but being popular has never been my focus. Being true has. Having said that I also learned at Blissdom to question who I am and how I want people to see me. Because my blog is an extension of myself. It's like extending a handshake to the reader. Inviting them into my life a bit. Inviting YOU into my life a bit.

I have read Tara Frey's book Blogging for Bliss -- it is a useful resource for bloggers, especially bloggers who are artists or craftspeople. Of course, it is very pretty throughout, and I am all about the eye candy :)

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

The Blissdom conference really sounds like it was inspirational. I will have to hunt down Blogging for Bliss.

jocelyn said...

Hi Martha. So glad I popped in to see what you have been up to. I'm fascinated by what you have learned at the Blissdom conference. I don't want to miss it next year. I look forward to following you through your revelations. Cheers! xo

Lisa PN said...

Hi lovely Martha!
I saw the call for the conference way too late, and since we were in the middle of buying a new house in Hamilton it wouldn't have worked anyhow!

I too am undergoing a blogging change. I am trying to put the words together and hopefully post about it in the next day or two!

big hugs,
lisa