Thursday, March 11, 2010

Indoor campfire

Well, not really. I just had this craving for toasted marshmallows. Last time I had one of these cravings, I toasted it over a candle, but it ended up tasting like patchouli (my favourite candle). So I had some left over marshmallows from the last batch of rice krispie squares, and of course I had to toast some. And the gas stove works just fine. Well, they burn super fast. Can you see the blue halo to the lower right of the marshmallow? Yep, that's fire. Don't worry, I blew it out easily, and I also had a bowl of water to dunk it in , just in case. I don't think that I would try this with children. That molten ball of sugar doesn't do too much damage on the beach, but it could probably burn down your kitchen. Next time I have such a craving I'm going to try my butane torch. .......

7 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

LOL...you go girl..when in doubt figure it out..ha ha

Smiles

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Have you tried a tealight or a heat gun lol :o)

Carolyn xo

Joanne Huffman said...

where's the chocolate bar and the graham cracker?

vivian said...

LOve roasted marchmellows! and choc covered ones too!
happy weekend
viv

Halle said...

Yum! Yet another reason I need a gas stove...

Melinda Cornish said...

I do this too sometimes.....my mom used to do it too...

Susan Williamson said...

Hilarious! I wonder if I could toast marshmallows over one of my electric burners?