What I'm learning:
1. It's hard to journal on cold pressed watercolour paper. I'm trying to use up a large stack of cold pressed watercolour paper, so I cut it up to journal on. It's too bumpy. And I have LOTS. So I'm off to buy some hot pressed :) I'll use the cold pressed for Round Robin book pages -- I don't journal on those (not with a pen anyway)
2. I don't like Paynes grey paint. Well, not yet anyway. Too dark. Maybe I'll like it for shading, someday. When the page is finished, and journaled on, I don't mind the paynes too much, but as I'm working on the page I hate it and it brings me down.
3. I like the idea of making a whole pile of background pages. Even with images already on them. Then picking one to journal on. That's why I prefer to journal on pages, and then "bind" them into a book later.
4. I have a new favourite pen!! It's the Pitt sepia pen in fine. It's not as harsh as black, and just glides over paint. Yay!
5. I really need to learn how to write in a straight line. Maybe I should draw some lines :)
6. My preferred method for paint application? My hands -- or a rag. I hate brush marks.
7. I like to do single pages -- I REALLY dislike doing spreads. Hmmmmmmm......
8. I hate doodling. I have a gazillion gel pens, but don't like to make little doodles on my page. I occasionally like to make dotted borders, but that's it.
9. I like journaling. Who knew? I like making art pages, and I like journaling. Hey, I like Art Journalling.
10. I used to dislike yellow. Now I like it. Especially mixed with magenta to make orange!
11. Ink smears. But if you zap it with the heat gun, it dries really fast.Kelly's Prompt a Day class is a great online class. If you can, join for February -- it's only $25 and she gives you a prompt every day -- not just the journaling prompt, but a step by step "how to" for the background and image placement. You can do the prompts at your leisure. I won't be able to keep up, but I'll do my best.