Sunday, August 12, 2007

Forest



The theme of Heather's (Heats) book was Forest. I went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream in High Park a few weeks ago, so I really needed to work this in. I used a bit of stippling and stamping, added some pages from the play, and one of Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies. Oh, yes, I know, I've broken some copywrite law, so if the book is ever published, my page won't be. C'est la vie........
I also used double sided tape. I don't have a dispenser, and I think that if you use double sided tape you need to have 3 hands. I struggled so much! But I do like how it lies so nice and flat. Yes, mom, it's acid free..... not that the paper is! i like to use glue stick -- but it never stays stuck -- because of our high humidity alternating with our drYness. It just pops right off. Rather like Rubber Cement -- my favourite (and most toxic) adhesive. Its new formulation just peels apart. I apologize to the people who have received ATCs from me that are peeling apart. Please just use your favourite glue and stick them back together. Thanks........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the stippling is superb...YOU must be practising!!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

what copyright laws and how could they possibly apply to altered books? It's a lovely spread.
Joanne

Heather Robinson said...

This is so lovely. One just sort of falls into it, Martha. Hope you enjoy your time away.

Debby said...

Great pages for Heats, Martha. This is such a gorgeous book!

Hope the fishin' was good.