Tuesday, August 07, 2007

beads beads beads


I needed to do something that would come easy to me....... so, here are some fabric beads that I made last week. It takes forever to sew on the seed beads. The black ones look very elegant in person -- they have a black and brown kind of flocked taffeta base, then are wrapped with tulle and black fibres, and then beaded with a metallic coffee coloured bead. I had lots of fun with the colourful ones -- upholstery fabrics, eyelash yarns, and some other fibres, all topped off with some larger beads. Some of these are for a swap, and some are to be sew onto future projects..... (you really need to click on the picture for this one)

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Beautiful beads! I'm glad you said to click to make it larger, so I got to see the wonderful beads and fibers adding such rich texture to these.
Joanne

Maija said...

Those beads are gorgeous! So rich with color and texture!