Thursday, July 26, 2007

I made cards!!!!


Yesterday I took Stamping 201 at Bizzy B's! Daniza is a fantastic teacher -- I can't wait to take the distress inks class in September! I took Stamping 101 last year to try to get a bit more mileage out of my stamps. But most of them still are just looking pretty on the shelf. And I am very determined to use stamps like Audrey Hernandez. Audrey's work rocks! (go and look at it RIGHT NOW by clicking on her full name). Anyway.... these are the cards that I made! Thank you Daniza! We used some stippling, some Versa Mark for resist, some big and juicy rainbow pad... masking..... did I say stippling????
This "dream a little dream" card is my favourite. The large image is a bLine stamp, the Dream a little dream is Catslife Press. I don't know where the imagine stamp is from.... (these were all stamped on scrapbooking paper)


We used big and juicy rainbow stamp with a Stampington big flower.... can't remember the name.... and stamped it all over a glossy panel, then cut it up and made a mosaic card. The orange card in the top photo also uses the same stamp.

I also had fun masking with the tag. The girl on the tag is a Paperbag Studio stamp called Emily. I think that the buttons are BLine. The text is Catslife Press! I went a bit overboard with the stippling and it's a bit dark.... I have to find my stippling brush..... I LIKE stippling...... i even like the name....

Todays Goal? Make 20 Thank you cards for the kiddies in my class who gave me gifts at the end of the year. Yes, I know that I'm a bit late, but it's nice to get a letter in the middle of summer, n'est ce pas? I'll post the results later.... or not, if I get all frustrated and throw them out. I have a pack of 24 Thank you cards from Target, just in case..........

Editor's Notes: Later that day....
I think that I need to take Stamping 201 again. I'm no Audrey Hernandez........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the cards you made and the stippling is awesome. I have to say that the tag with the Paperbag studio stamps is my favorite. You make orange look so good and that image is a difficult one for me to work with but it looks beautiful on that tag. Thank you for your kind words re: my work...you are too sweet :o) Oh, by the way, I love your back-up plan.....having those Target thank-you cards on hand just in case. That one just had me cracking up. Thanks for the smiles today. Have a great one.

Heather Robinson said...

Well, I think that you are amazing and that your work from this course is gorgeous. Yes, we all want to be like Audrey (sigh) but you are well on your way to carving your own niche in the stamping world!

Joanne Huffman said...

very cool stamping.
Joanne