Friday, August 09, 2013

Today in Port Mouton... it's a lazy day

Overcast, 20 (68F)... waiting for rain....

I can't paint outside... I could have painted inside, but I needed a day off. I'm puttering, tidying, and catching up on my blog reading.
I needed this day :)

These are the coasters that I made with dropcloth scraps.


First I added some felt accents... but when I tested the wineglasses out on them, they were too wobbly.
So I'm going with a piece of felt sandwiched between 2 circles of dropcloth, and some simple stitching around the edges.

Mr. B is bringing some of my turquoise felt when he comes back next week, so I can make some more!

(and don't you just love my new mug?? I got it in a little shop in Mahone Bay. Sigh... I love Mahone Bay.. you can see the town live on the webcam here)

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

cute mug; cute coaster. Enjoy your lazy day.

Amanda Pedro said...

how nice you got to play. I want to play next week. You wanna come play?
Love the mug. It took my eye right away.

jocelyn said...

Enjoy the rest of your summer! I have heard amazing things about Mahone Bay!

vivian said...

LOVE the coasters! what a great idea!
have a great week Martha.
xoxo
vivian