Monday, October 29, 2012

Blissdom Wrap Up

I had 2 favourite parts of the Blissdom Weekend

1. The Costumes and Karaoke party.
If you know me, you will know that I don't really like costumes OR Karaoke. I don't like dressing up, and, well, I've never actually tried Karaoke. But considering that I HATE public speaking, and I've never spoken into a microphone, I didn't expect to even try. Oh, but try I did. Barbara Jones, one of the organizers of BlissDom, begged me to sing with her. Why all the fuss? Because I was the Queen of England. And she was the Queen of Hearts (Tarts). So, yes, I sang with her. And after that I enthusiastically danced the Cha Cha Slide -- and perhaps taught a few people how to do it? All that after only 2 Gin and Tonics :) And, yes, I kept my hand up in that wave the whole night!

Thanks you so much to my biggest fans :)
Shannon Sveda - Canadian ECE
Barb Fine -Little Footprints
Kelly Williams - Black Belt Mommy
Katja Wolfers- Jack Straw Lane
Jennifer Pinarski - blogger for Today's Parent

 
The best of the UK!

 
You won't believe what was inside that present :)

Barb was 50 Shades of Grey!

 The Queen and Steampunk Shannon -- my moral support

 Always with a G&T!
 
 Karaoke with the Queen of Tarts (Barbara Jones)
   (If you know the source of these 2 photos PLEASE let me know !)

 
Bohemian Rhapsody

2. Our Sunday Excursion to the Movember Headquarters. (There were lots of other Sunday Excursions -- see what was offered here)

I went more for the walk then for the Movember part of it, but I was blown away by the Movember presentation! We walked to the Movember (Canada) Head Offices and listened to a talke about what Movember does. I'll be blogging about this in the near future. I've embraced the whole MoSista thing :)
(yikes, can you say "bad hair"?)

Our Photo walk was brief, but this was the best "networking" I did the whole weekend! I wish that I had more time to talk to these people in depth:
Elan Morgan (she also ran the iphonography microsession)(aka Schmutzie)
Katie York- Motherbumper.com beautiful instagram photos!
Shannon Fisher = truthfully (she's my teaching kindred) (her words :)
Sew Tara - I wish that I had spoken so much more with Tara!!! (sew much more!)
Jenna Jacobson - working on her PhD about Movember! Seriously!
Caron Court - MoSista - 30 Days of Mo (last year she wore a different mustache each day - see them here)
Dana - A Cardinal Sin @radioredhead on twitter
Huh, someone here who's name I didn't get. Leave me a comment if you know who I forgot!



2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

You make a great Queen of England! I'm looking forward to seeing what Movember is.

Furniture refinishing said...

hmm,me either i dont really feel like karaoke..but i love to sing,it's just that i don't have that self confident talking in the microphone in front of many people..i'm a shy type of person..sometimes..:)