Saturday, March 29, 2008

Is it spring yet?

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, but the mountains of snow on the garden are still there.....This is a bird that I made for Patti's hidden treasures book. All of her pages are to be bird shaped (she provided a template) -- and the wings are pockets to hide goodies in!!! They are about 7" long. One "hidden treasure" is a button fairy -- I've never made one before -- but I think that I'll make more to hang on the Christmas tree next year.... The other treasure is hidden. Patti has to wait for the birds to fly home until she sees it!
I'm definitely going to make more of these!(32 days until the move-- today I'm preparing things to give away on Freecycle. Don't worry -- it's nothing you want)

6 comments:

Maija said...

Fabulous, clever page, Martha!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

These are fantastic!!!
chris p

Joanne Huffman said...

love your button fairy.

Joanne

Patti G. said...

Lucky ME Martha!!!!!!! I loved clicking on the pictures and seeing them upclose! The paper bits, lace and trims are precious!!
The button fairy is magical!!!!!! How fun! Thank you Martha! <3
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth said...

Martha!
Your birds are wonderful! i am so intrigued by the description of Pati's Deco. I will have to get her to post it when it is finished!1
I adore the button fairy!
Great jobv on all of your packing!Evry time one moves one gets better at it!!!
Hugs!
elizabeth

Jeanne said...

Martha, that "Friend" birdy is adorable!