Friday, December 28, 2007

Books I got for Christmas -- add them to YOUR wishlist!

being spoiled, I got lots of books. And they are all my favourites (that's what the amazon wish list is for :)
This Amy Butler book is wonderful!!! It's kind of like Shappy Chic with extra cool fabrics. And I know that there's a store on Queen St that sells the fabrics. But I'm not allowed to buy any more fabrics until I move (self imposed rule). Better find a house fast......
Amy Butler's Midwest Modern: A Fresh Design Spirit for the Modern Lifestyle

by Amy Butler (Author), David Butler (Photographer)


Gothic & Lolita is really fun. I occasionally see girls dressed up like this in Toronto, but it's rare.
Gothic & Lolita
Gothic & Lolita by Masayuki Yoshinaga and Ishikawa (Paperback - May 1 2007)

Journal Revolution is great for sparking new ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not in a journaling RR this year. Maybe I'll have to do a personal journal.... yeah, right, as if that's gonna happen...... (I have MANY personal journals. They all have one page journalled in them)
Journal Revolution Rise Up & Create Art Journals Personal Manifestos & Other Artistic Insurrections
Journal Revolution Rise Up & Create Art Journals Personal Manifestos & Other Artistic Insurrections by Linda Woods

I didn't get the Corey Moortgat book for Christmas, but it's one of my favourites from this season, so I thought I'd add it.
Art Of Personal Imagery Expressing Your Life Through Collage
Art Of Personal Imagery Expressing Your Life Through Collage by Corey Moortgat

Still waiting to be published:
True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling

by L.K. Ludwig (Author)
1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations

by Dawn DeVries Sokol (Author)

Art Making, Collections and Obsessions: An Intimate Exploration of the Collage Work and Collections of 35 Artists

by Lynne Perrella (Author)

and of course:
Charming Exchange: 25 Jewelry Projects to Create & Share

by Kelly Snelling (Author), Ruth Rae (Author)
(because I'm in it, right?)

3 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hi Martha a very happy new year to you too, love Judy (banner swap!!)

Viola said...

Hi Martha,
wish you and yours also a wonderful Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Viola :o)

Kelly Snelling said...

you got some good books missus! i didn't get any art books for christmas. but i got art classes so i'm still pleased. and what will the new year bring? your words at the top made me giggle. you're not aging, martha! you are evolving and growing and blooming! cover yourself in glitter and laugh out loud! happy new year, friend!!