Sunday, May 27, 2007
I'm a magazine-oholic. Well. it's better now than it used to be.
This is what I'm reading in bed these days:
1. Cloth Paper Scissors (I have a subscription to this one!)I love it for all of the new techniques. Bimonthly
2. Quilting arts - I buy it occasionally, again, for the techniques. (sister to Cloth Paper Scissors). Bimonthly
3. Somerset Studio - EYE CANDY. There is so much to see. I buy every issue of this one, and many issues of their "sister" publications. Bimonthly
4. Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion - you wouldn't think that I am a Mary Engelbreit sort of person, put this publication is so pretty. And I got a cheap subscription....Bimonthly
5. LivingEtc - a British home magazine. I've been buying it for about 6 years. It used to be hard to find, but now it's everywhere. Monthly
and my new favourite:
Craft -- it's a tiny zine (small format -- but thick!)-- and quite expensive (about $18 here) -- but I loved every single page in Issue 3 -- it's debut in Canada. This issue focused on Japanese cool crafts -- but there were lots of articles on other stuff -- including a "how to make hypertufa pots" and one about the current Blythe doll craze! The articles are quite short -- but there are lots of wesite links -- my copy is full of post it notes! It's put out by the publishers of MAKE ! Quarterly
** check out all of the websites, there are always lots of fun extras!