Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WooHoo - a place to swim!

The problem with summers in Nova Scotia is the water is COLD. Too cold for me to swim (my feet turn purple just walking on the beach)

I was talking to my neighbour and she said that she used to go for a daily walk with another neighbour to a lake. With a beach.
I had heard that there was a road somewhere to a large lake in the woods, but , although I could see the road on some maps, it didn't appear to be where it should be.
I was told to walk down someone's driveway and "keep right and keep going". Ms. L and I set out on an adventure. Down an old, overgrown logging road. Through a stream or two. Over the poison ivy.  20 minutes later. There it was. Like a Muskoka lake. Sandy! Warm!


We swam and I brought Mr. B back a few days later. I am thrilled. Our summer paradise keeps getting better and better :)

Next year I will try to bike there.

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

It looks like a wonderful place.

jocelyn said...

Looks like you found a summer paradise!

Anonymous said...

Heh I get to see your beach at last. Didn't expect the lake to be so big. it's lovely.
yuo didn,t mention that your Mom looked over the side of the boat and saw a big starfish on the bottom of the lake.What a nice shot through the bushes!
Mom