Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

What are you doing for Earth Day?We wanted to have a special activity for the kids who are part of the Eco Club at school. I organized a session of accessory making from re-used items. We will be using old inner tubes, leftover yarn, and some small found objects( bottle caps?). We'll be making cuffs,The group is aged 8 to 14 -- a wide range. The photos here show what I made as samples. Tune in tomorrow to see what the kids have made!this one is very versatile -- you can fold it and twist it to make it look really cool!(special thanks to my wonderful jewelry class teacher Tosca Teran for her inspiration -- and to the book(I didn't buy this book when it came out because I wasn't really a fan of the cover. But this book is fabulous!)
And also a very special thank you to Mountain Equipment Coop for the donation of lots of used bicycle inner tubes -- we really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Awesome plans, Martha ! Can't wait to see what those young creative minds come up with !

natalea said...

i sat in my garden and took it all in! xo

Joanne Huffman said...

Great project!

Elizabeth said...

What a neat project!! i am sure the kids will love it and will be very creative. I have checked that book out of the library about 50 times- need to just buy it.. Always a fav of mine!!!