Sunday, November 23, 2008

My favourite book

"Book Wisdom" was the theme of Heather R's book. I chose to do my page about my favourite book, Emily of New Moon. It is by the Anne of Green Gables author, L.M. Montgomery. Emily kept journals and wanted to be a writer (well, she WAS a writer). I love the descriptions of the setting, and how Emily deals with her (many) hardships. I have many many copies of this book. Always ready to lend to a friend. I thought that I would be a writer some day.... does being a blog author count?

10 comments:

Irene said...

One of my favorite books too. I hope you don't ripe those cherished pages for your art work. I have real problems doing that, but art must happen...

Patti G. said...

Martha,
Beautiful page for your book using your favorite book! That will create a wonderful memory for you! Just lovely doll!!!!!!!!
xoxoxo
Hugs,Patti

Joanne Huffman said...

I hope being a blog author counts! You did lovely work on your book pages.

Joanne

Jo Wholohan said...

this is lovely martha!!! i love that stamp on the back :))
what a great theme idea xx

Susan Williamson said...

I can't believe it Martha! This is my favorite book too. (I did become a writer of sorts, but never with the confidence of our Em).
P.S. I think it's time for my yearly rereading of the Emily books.

Maija said...

I'll have to look for the book- I've never read anything by Montgomery.

Alexandra said...

Wonderful book pages. Have a nice time.

Elizabeth said...

Martha!
What a wonderful set of pages!! I have never heard of this book- I have just added a trip to the library to my To DO list for tomorrow!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are mistaken. Let's discuss it. acheter levitra generique Quite right! I like this idea, I completely with you agree.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?