Friday, July 18, 2008

On the road again....

On Saturday Ludgera and I are going to Ann Arbor, Michigan to take a class from Sally Jean at Found! (Soldering for Virgins). We're also going to check out the huge Ann Arbor Street Fair (that's on Saturday -- the class is on Sunday). This fair has hundreds of exhibitors from all over the USA -- and about 500,000 visitors!!! Then we'll do some shopping (at hardware stores) on Monday. Doesn't this sound perfect??? I hope that I don't drive Ludgera nuts in the the car. I'm an excellent navigator/co-pilot, but I tend to talk to much. (Ludgera -- feel free to tell me that you need "a piece of quiet" so you can concentrate on the road -- that's what my dad says to me). I always feel that the job of the passenger is to keep the driver entertained (errr, I mean alert). You know, putting on the perfect music, providing the perfect snacks, giving long heads up on the upcoming exits....
So, I've packed my "soldering suitcase" and I'm ready to go!

9 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oooooh! I'm jealous! That sounds like so much fun! I love a good street fair!

Jo Wholohan said...

sounds like the perfect weekend :))

Elizabeth said...

You are going to have a wonderful weekend- have a great class!!!! Soldering takes alot of practice so keep at it- like anything worth learning it takes practice and making lots of fabulous charms and such!!
Hugs1
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Have fun Martha and Ludgera! Let me know how it went! I am taking that class from Sally at SB. I LOVE your Zetti charms!

Hugs!
Sandy

A bird in the hand said...

Hope you remembered your laptop! I will be feeding Ludgera's felines tomorrow, and thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

you go girls! Martha do you have a "suitcase" for all of your adventures/classes?

I would love to see your virgin attempts!!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

I know you're having a great time. I wish I had the energy to drive over to see you, but got home at 2:30 last night after being up for 25 hours and I'm speding today jet-lagging and will probably do the same tomorrow.

Joanne

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Oh have fun!! I can't wait to see what you make. A Sally Jean class is on my "want to do" list.

Beth said...

ohhh that sounds like soo much fun !! i miss michigan !! (born and raised there !! ) i never did make it to the ann arbor fair and i lived outside detroit for a couple years but i hear its spectacular !! hope you have a ball !
xo,
beth